With eggplant season in full swing, we've had to get a little creative with our variations of recipes for these beautiful purple vegetables (or fruits, whatever you want to call them).
This recipe is from my mother-in-law. Her Italian blood thrives when she's in the kitchen. I call these Eggplant Sticks, and they are de-licious.
-1/2 cup milk
-3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
-1 cup marinara sauce
1. Peel skin off the eggplant.
2. Cut into strips, approximately 2 inches long.
3. Egg and bread the strips.
4. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes on a baking sheet (preferably with a cooling rack between the strips and the bottom of the baking sheet). If you really want to get frisky, try sprinkling a little bit of mozzarella cheese on top for the last minute. Mmmmm.
5. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Thank you Cathy for your creativity in the kitchen!